Old Spice introduces Sea Captain to 'smell better' activity
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 September 2011 10:24AM
Old Spice is adding a sea captain to its stable of characters, in its latest ad campaign for the new Red Zone range.
The 'Sea Captain' by Wieden+Kennedy Portland will launch in the US on TV tonight (9 September) during the NFL season opening game. It will be followed by an ad entitled, 'Jet', which will air next Saturday.
The campaign will also include Facebook and YouTube activity and forms part of the brand's 'Smell Better Than Yourself' campaign, featuring NFL hunk, Isaiah Mustafa.
'Sea Captain' features an average man who smells like a well-decorated ship captain with rippled abs who is shown constantly battling a sea monster.
'Jet' also showcases an ordinary guy. In this version he smells like a rich billionaire jet pilot delivering a flawless presentation in a boardroom.
In addition to the two 30-second and two 15-second television spots, humorous print ads will also run to illustrate the dramatic "transformational" powers of Old Spice's versatile Red Zone scent line-up.
Allison Bolyard, brand manager at Old Spice, said: "Scent plays a significant role in how guys view themselves and also how others perceive them, and the new 'Smell Better Than Yourself' campaign brings this reality to life in an entertaining way.
Old Spice has a variety of different scents that allow a guy to choose the scent that is right for him."
In July Mustafa won a light hearted duel against model Fabio to keep his position as the Old Spice mascot.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PPC Specialist - Amazing Digital Brand ADLIB £22k - £28k, Bristol
- Research Executive Hasson Associates £23000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant