BMB wins £3m Dairylea account
Kraft Foods has appointed Beattie McGuinness Bungay (BMB) to handle Dairylea's £3m advertising account, putting an end to its long relationship with JWT.
BMB was handed the business following a competitive pitch against Crispin Porter & Bogusky. JWT was knocked out of the running earlier in the process.
JWT has worked on Dairylea’s advertising activity for more than 15 years, creating campaigns across the company's product portfolio, which includes Dunkers, Bites, Strip Cheese and Cheese Spreads.
The agency's most recent campaign for the brand launched last year, and introduced the strapline "It's good to be free". The campaign included a TV ad that showed a group of children sharing a picnic in a field.
Sam Mitchell, Kraft EU category director for cheese, said: "Dairylea is a brand of huge potential and we were looking for a bold and ambitious communications campaign. BMB delivered a powerful creative that demonstrated a clear empathy for the brand, which was underpinned by strong insight-led strategic thinking.
"We're looking forward to working with BMB and bringing the new campaign to life. We have big ambitions for Dairylea and it's clear BMB share that, which makes the prospect of working together something we're very much looking forward to."
Andrew McGuinness, BMB partner, said: "The opportunity to work on such an iconic brand with such a great company as Kraft doesn't come around that often, so we're thrilled to get that chance. The brand is a great fit for BMB and we can't wait to get into it."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Qual Research Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media