BMB wins £3m Dairylea account
Kraft Foods has appointed Beattie McGuinness Bungay (BMB) to handle Dairylea's £3m advertising account, putting an end to its long relationship with JWT.
BMB was handed the business following a competitive pitch against Crispin Porter & Bogusky. JWT was knocked out of the running earlier in the process.
JWT has worked on Dairylea’s advertising activity for more than 15 years, creating campaigns across the company's product portfolio, which includes Dunkers, Bites, Strip Cheese and Cheese Spreads.
The agency's most recent campaign for the brand launched last year, and introduced the strapline "It's good to be free". The campaign included a TV ad that showed a group of children sharing a picnic in a field.
Sam Mitchell, Kraft EU category director for cheese, said: "Dairylea is a brand of huge potential and we were looking for a bold and ambitious communications campaign. BMB delivered a powerful creative that demonstrated a clear empathy for the brand, which was underpinned by strong insight-led strategic thinking.
"We're looking forward to working with BMB and bringing the new campaign to life. We have big ambitions for Dairylea and it's clear BMB share that, which makes the prospect of working together something we're very much looking forward to."
Andrew McGuinness, BMB partner, said: "The opportunity to work on such an iconic brand with such a great company as Kraft doesn't come around that often, so we're thrilled to get that chance. The brand is a great fit for BMB and we can't wait to get into it."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Planner - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £65k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k, Central London
- Planner - Superb London Agency - to £55k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k + great benefits, W1
- Planner - Integrated Agency - Central London - c£50k + Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k +, Central London
- Account Manager - Dynamic London Agency - c£30k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k, Central London