Channel 5 launches Big Brother app for Facebook voters
By Sophie Maden, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 September 2011 01:15PM
Channel 5 and Endemol have teamed up to create a 'Big Brother' voting app, which allows viewers to save or evict housemates through Facebook.
The app launched yesterday (13 September). It is powered by Facebook credits which can be purchased through the social network's account settings tab or through the 'Big Brother' Facebook page.
Each credit amounts to one vote, priced from £1 for 16 credits. Larger bundles are available at a discount. The app allows users to place up to 500 votes per eviction while the telephone voting lines are open.
Channel 5 worked with iPlatform app developer and the show's producer Endemol to create the app.
Agostino Di Falco, partnerships director at Channel 5, said: "We are the first broadcaster in the UK to use Facebook credits as a voting mechanic.
"This fits very well with our ambition to retain the core essence of the show whilst adding relevant points of innovation which add value to viewers and potential marketing partners alike."
Channel 5 is currently airing its first 'Big Brother' series, after brokering a £200m deal with Endemol after Channel 4 announced it would no longer run the series.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London
- Sales Manager - Content Business Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + incredible commission, London
- Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London