Channel 4 to pioneer video-on-demand ads
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 September 2011 11:35AM
Channel 4 is to allow advertisers and agencies to buy video-on-demand ads based on demographic data.
The move will be announced today (15 September) by the Channel 4 chief executive, David Abraham, at the Royal Television Society conference. It means agencies and advertisers will be able to buy video-on-demand campaigns based on demographic information such as age and sex.
Channel 4 redesigned its 4oD service last month to allow users to create an account and sign into "My 4oD" to access new features.
To serve targeted ads, Channel 4 will use this viewer information in conjunction with third-party data provided by the web analytics specialist Quantcast.
Channel 4 will offer new formats, including pre-roll ads, that will grow into a microsite within the player (Ad Bloom) or allow users to recommend or interact with a brand through social media within the player (Ad Social).
Errol Baran, the head of future and digital media ad sales at Channel 4, said: "Our creative suite looks to build on our proposition to remain the most innovative video destination in the marketplace."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign