Channel 4 to pioneer video-on-demand ads
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 September 2011 11:35AM
Channel 4 is to allow advertisers and agencies to buy video-on-demand ads based on demographic data.
The move will be announced today (15 September) by the Channel 4 chief executive, David Abraham, at the Royal Television Society conference. It means agencies and advertisers will be able to buy video-on-demand campaigns based on demographic information such as age and sex.
Channel 4 redesigned its 4oD service last month to allow users to create an account and sign into "My 4oD" to access new features.
To serve targeted ads, Channel 4 will use this viewer information in conjunction with third-party data provided by the web analytics specialist Quantcast.
Channel 4 will offer new formats, including pre-roll ads, that will grow into a microsite within the player (Ad Bloom) or allow users to recommend or interact with a brand through social media within the player (Ad Social).
Errol Baran, the head of future and digital media ad sales at Channel 4, said: "Our creative suite looks to build on our proposition to remain the most innovative video destination in the marketplace."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Strategy Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- NPD Strategy Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand Manager EMEA Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East England