CHI and OgilvyOne win pitch for British Gas Business task
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 September 2011 12:55PM
British Gas has expanded its relationship with its roster agencies CHI & Partners and OgilvyOne London by handing them its business-to-business marketing activity after a pitch.
CHI will oversee the energy supplier's business-to-business advertising work, while OgilvyOne will be responsible for the direct marketing account.
Both agencies already work with the brand on its consumer business. However, in previous years, British Gas has deliberately kept its business-to-business account separate from its consumer work.
Agencies that have previously worked on the business-to-business account include Base One and Black Cat.
CHI and OgilvyOne will now be responsible for growing the supply side of the British Gas business, as well as promoting the company's service offering. Part of this activity will focus on developing a campaign that builds customer advocacy in the business sector.
Elaine Roberts, the sales and marketing director for British Gas Business, said: "With energy issues increasingly part of the business agenda, delivering an effective customer engagement strategy will be crucial for us if we are to retain and grow our customers."
CHI has had a relationship with British Gas since 2003, while OgilvyOne has worked with the company since 2007.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid-weight Designer - Design Agency - Berkshire - £25k - £35k - NP107 Stonor £25k - £35k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Hampshire / Oxfordshire / Surrey
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 , South East England / London (Greater)
- Freelance Mid-weight Designer for Smart-thinking Innovation Agency Bamboo Crowd £200-300 per day , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Insight Manager (Analytics) Jarlett de Grouchy £60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Alcoholic Drinks Stopgap £40000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tim Hipperson to become interim CEO of Weve
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles