Absolut invites consumers to make art via app
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 19 September 2011 12:01PM
Absolut Vodka is making its Absolut Blank campaign more interactive with the launch of an Apple iPhone app that creates images and sounds inspired by content a user feeds it.
The free app starts up with a blank Absolut bottle-shaped canvas, which recalls the current TV campaign featuring artists who were invited the use the shape as a starting point for their art.
Users of the app are intended to feed it with content via the iPhone's camera and microphone, and it will produce images and sounds inspired by the content in an evolving piece of art.
Users can upload their piece to the Absolut Blank gallery at absolutblank.com and share it with friends on Facebook.
Mark Hamilton, global marketing director at The Absolut Company, said: "The Absolut Blank app is both highly innovative and very addictive, it really changes your surroundings."
The app was created by Teenage Engineering and Great Works.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance Product/ Industrial Designer Purple Consultancy £250 - £350 per day, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Royds Raphael £37k-£45k+ dep. on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - STRATEGIC CREATIVE B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames