Absolut invites consumers to make art via app
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 19 September 2011 12:01PM
Absolut Vodka is making its Absolut Blank campaign more interactive with the launch of an Apple iPhone app that creates images and sounds inspired by content a user feeds it.
The free app starts up with a blank Absolut bottle-shaped canvas, which recalls the current TV campaign featuring artists who were invited the use the shape as a starting point for their art.
Users of the app are intended to feed it with content via the iPhone's camera and microphone, and it will produce images and sounds inspired by the content in an evolving piece of art.
Users can upload their piece to the Absolut Blank gallery at absolutblank.com and share it with friends on Facebook.
Mark Hamilton, global marketing director at The Absolut Company, said: "The Absolut Blank app is both highly innovative and very addictive, it really changes your surroundings."
The app was created by Teenage Engineering and Great Works.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000 plus benefits, Berkshire
- Interim Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - contract Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, South West England
- Graphic Designer/ Artworker Michael Page Digital Negotiable, South East England