Toyota launches Social Snap Shot app for the busy
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 19 September 2011 02:01PM
Toyota has launched an HTML 5 app that helps users create a snapshot of their Facebook activity, as part of the car brand's 'Outsmart Life' campaign for its Yaris model.
The Social Snap Shot app, created by Glue Isobar, is designed for time-poor people with busy social lives, giving them an infographic-style video of highlights from Facebook, including news feed updates, videos, photos, events and birthdays.
The app has been optimised for the iPad and iPhone, features Toyota branding, and opens with a clip of the car.
Lisa Fielden, brand and digital marketing manager at Toyota, said: "The Social Snap Shot is a fantastic way to engage our young target audience, capturing their Facebook highlights in a quick, easy and entertaining way, and illustrating the Yaris promise to help them outsmart life's daily challenges."
Toyota unveiled its 'Outsmart Life in a Yaris' campaign in August.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Planner/buyer- TOP media agency Ultimate Asset £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show