Toyota launches Social Snap Shot app for the busy
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 19 September 2011 02:01PM
Toyota has launched an HTML 5 app that helps users create a snapshot of their Facebook activity, as part of the car brand's 'Outsmart Life' campaign for its Yaris model.
The Social Snap Shot app, created by Glue Isobar, is designed for time-poor people with busy social lives, giving them an infographic-style video of highlights from Facebook, including news feed updates, videos, photos, events and birthdays.
The app has been optimised for the iPad and iPhone, features Toyota branding, and opens with a clip of the car.
Lisa Fielden, brand and digital marketing manager at Toyota, said: "The Social Snap Shot is a fantastic way to engage our young target audience, capturing their Facebook highlights in a quick, easy and entertaining way, and illustrating the Yaris promise to help them outsmart life's daily challenges."
Toyota unveiled its 'Outsmart Life in a Yaris' campaign in August.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Freelance POS/FSDU Creatives... become Competitive rates, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + bonus/benefits, Milton Keynes
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media