Toyota launches Social Snap Shot app for the busy
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 19 September 2011 02:01PM
Toyota has launched an HTML 5 app that helps users create a snapshot of their Facebook activity, as part of the car brand's 'Outsmart Life' campaign for its Yaris model.
The Social Snap Shot app, created by Glue Isobar, is designed for time-poor people with busy social lives, giving them an infographic-style video of highlights from Facebook, including news feed updates, videos, photos, events and birthdays.
The app has been optimised for the iPad and iPhone, features Toyota branding, and opens with a clip of the car.
Lisa Fielden, brand and digital marketing manager at Toyota, said: "The Social Snap Shot is a fantastic way to engage our young target audience, capturing their Facebook highlights in a quick, easy and entertaining way, and illustrating the Yaris promise to help them outsmart life's daily challenges."
Toyota unveiled its 'Outsmart Life in a Yaris' campaign in August.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Planner, Top London Creative Agency Direct Recruitment £50,000-£65,000, London (Greater)
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers