Microsoft issues personalised game covers
By Sophie Maden, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 19 September 2011 02:00PM
Microsoft is offering personalised covers of 'Forza Motorsport 4' for the Xbox 360 to subscribers of Future's gaming magazines, ahead of its October release.
Subscribers to Future Publishing's Official Xbox, Xbox 360, Edge and GamesMaster magazines will each receive a game inlay featuring a number plate tailored to their name.
As part of the deal, brokered by Mediabrands' UM London, the inlay can then be slotted into the cover of 'Forza Motorsport 4', released on 11 October.
The game, developed by Microsoft Studios and Turn 10, is already available to pre-order and has a recommended retail price of £39.99.
Alex Hall, product marketing manager for Xbox 360, said: "With these inlays, we will really drive talkability and desire to purchase at launch.
"I think this is a great way to reward fans of the franchise for their support. It also incentivises a wider gaming audience to go out and purchase a copy of the game themselves."
Simon Maxwell, group publisher of Future's games portfolio, said: "We love working with UM London and Xbox as they constantly challenge us to come up with the most imaginative, engaging and excitng solutions for their clients.
"There is a real collaborative approach between the creative and planning teams and Future – an approach that has enabled us to create truly unique executions which ensure their clients' campaigns stand out from the crowd."
'Forza 4' can be used with Xbox's Kinect movement technology, launched in November, which helped to boost Microsoft sales by 5% in the second financial quarter of 2010.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Retail / FMCG Royds Raphael c£40k+generous bonus & benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager - Branding Royds Raphael £36k-£38k+ Generous benefits!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief