Microsoft issues personalised game covers
By Sophie Maden, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 19 September 2011 02:00PM
Microsoft is offering personalised covers of 'Forza Motorsport 4' for the Xbox 360 to subscribers of Future's gaming magazines, ahead of its October release.
Subscribers to Future Publishing's Official Xbox, Xbox 360, Edge and GamesMaster magazines will each receive a game inlay featuring a number plate tailored to their name.
As part of the deal, brokered by Mediabrands' UM London, the inlay can then be slotted into the cover of 'Forza Motorsport 4', released on 11 October.
The game, developed by Microsoft Studios and Turn 10, is already available to pre-order and has a recommended retail price of £39.99.
Alex Hall, product marketing manager for Xbox 360, said: "With these inlays, we will really drive talkability and desire to purchase at launch.
"I think this is a great way to reward fans of the franchise for their support. It also incentivises a wider gaming audience to go out and purchase a copy of the game themselves."
Simon Maxwell, group publisher of Future's games portfolio, said: "We love working with UM London and Xbox as they constantly challenge us to come up with the most imaginative, engaging and excitng solutions for their clients.
"There is a real collaborative approach between the creative and planning teams and Future – an approach that has enabled us to create truly unique executions which ensure their clients' campaigns stand out from the crowd."
'Forza 4' can be used with Xbox's Kinect movement technology, launched in November, which helped to boost Microsoft sales by 5% in the second financial quarter of 2010.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Client-side PPC / SEM executive - £25K - Central London Digital Gurus £23000 - £28000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Project Manager Premier Media £250-£300 per day, London
- Media Account Director Premier Media Up to £300 per day depending on experience, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%