Glacéau vitaminwater teams up with Jesse J for London 2012 sponsorship
Glacéau vitaminwater, the enhanced water brand owned by Coca-Cola, has named popstar Jesse J as its brand ambassador as it announces itself as a worldwide partner of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
As part of the brand's activity around the Games, Coca-Cola is encouraging consumers to co-create a new vitaminwater variant, using a crowd sourcing project called Flavour Creator on its dedicated Facebook page, www.facebook.com/vitaminwater.
The chosen flavour will be available for a limited period across Coca-Cola's European markets throughout the London 2012 Games. The new product will be further supported through social media to drive consumer participation.
Philippa Classey, business manager of North West Europe and Nordics (NWEN), Glacéau, said: "Glacéau vitaminwater is thrilled to announce Jessie J as a partner in the run up to the London 2012 Olympic Games. She is someone who really embodies the brand’s sense of creativity and fun.
"Flavour Creator will give our consumers the chance get involved in being part of London 2012, while helping us celebrate this once in a lifetime experience."
In April this year the enhanced water brand lost an appeal against the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) to describe the vitaminwater drinks as "nutritious" in its advertising.
Glaceau vitaminwater will join Coca-Cola's core brands and energy drink Poweade as an official partner of the London 2012 Games.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand & Marketing Capability Consultants Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive Salary & Benefits Package + Significant Bonus, Surrey
- Consumer & Market Insight Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berks/West of London
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show