Glacéau vitaminwater teams up with Jesse J for London 2012 sponsorship
Glacéau vitaminwater, the enhanced water brand owned by Coca-Cola, has named popstar Jesse J as its brand ambassador as it announces itself as a worldwide partner of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
As part of the brand's activity around the Games, Coca-Cola is encouraging consumers to co-create a new vitaminwater variant, using a crowd sourcing project called Flavour Creator on its dedicated Facebook page, www.facebook.com/vitaminwater.
The chosen flavour will be available for a limited period across Coca-Cola's European markets throughout the London 2012 Games. The new product will be further supported through social media to drive consumer participation.
Philippa Classey, business manager of North West Europe and Nordics (NWEN), Glacéau, said: "Glacéau vitaminwater is thrilled to announce Jessie J as a partner in the run up to the London 2012 Olympic Games. She is someone who really embodies the brand’s sense of creativity and fun.
"Flavour Creator will give our consumers the chance get involved in being part of London 2012, while helping us celebrate this once in a lifetime experience."
In April this year the enhanced water brand lost an appeal against the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) to describe the vitaminwater drinks as "nutritious" in its advertising.
Glaceau vitaminwater will join Coca-Cola's core brands and energy drink Poweade as an official partner of the London 2012 Games.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Qual Research Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media