CNN opens the world's first 'CNN Cafe' in Seoul
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 20 September 2011 11:24AM
SEOUL - Turner International Asia-Pacific and YBM Education, South Korea's largest English education institution, launch of the world's first CNN-branded cafe in South Korea.
The new CNN concept 'coffice' (coffee-office) offers customers free wi-fi, computers and printing services, and features CNN content across different platforms, including a live feed of the CNN International channel on a large screen, the latest CNN newswires on a digital ticker and computer terminals featuring cnn.com and cnngo.com.
The new marketing initiative is due to the growing number of self-employed and students who study at coffee shops.
"CNN Café is not just another coffee shop, but an information hub for locals to get the latest international news from CNN, as well as a chance to learn English in a more comfortable, relaxed environment," said Ron Lee, senior vice president and general manager of Turner Entertainment Networks Korea.
It also provides a chance for locals to learn English using YBM’s various study-oriented features, including free study abroad consultations, language consultations and TOEIC test registrations provided by YBM instructors at set times at the café.The CNN Café is located inside the Jongno branch of the Young Poong Bookstore. Further locations are set to open throughout Seoul and across South Korea.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand & Marketing Capability Consultants Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive Salary & Benefits Package + Significant Bonus, Surrey
- Consumer & Market Insight Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berks/West of London
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show