BrandMAX: Tourism Queensland positive about 'Best Job' follow-up
The tourism body for Queensland, Australia, is bullish that its new 'Million Dollar Memo' campaign, which targets the incentive travel market, will outstrip previous marketing efforts to attract consumers and business to the area.
The new campaign, created by Sapient Nitro, follows on from the 'Best Job in the World' activity, which encouraged consumers to apply for the job of "caretaker" on Hamilton Island in the Great Barrier Reef, Australia. More than 34,000 video applications were submitted from 194 countries.
Speaking at today's BrandMAX conference in London today Steve McRoberts, executive director of marketing, Tourism Queensland, said the new 'Million Dollar Memo' campaign is set to bring in $330m worth of Australian dollars into Queensland in the next 12 months from the Asian market alone, which is where the campaign is primarily targeted.
The campaign invited companies and workplaces to compete for a million Australian dollars' worth of travel experiences to Queensland, tailored to the winning company, which had to demonstrate why it is a "great place to work".
McRoberts said: "We're spending $6m dollars over four years, targeting the incentive business category, and we've already cracked it.
"An incentive business in Indonesia, ADR, have won the million dollar memo – a million dollars worth of incentive travel in Queensland.
"ADR has already committed 100 of its top executives from 70 countries to come to Queensland."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Sales Manager - TRAVEL - Programmatic Ultimate Asset £42000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits , City of London
- Commercial Head of Video - Global Brand Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + excellent benefits & amazing commission, London
- Head of Marketing,Design, London, £65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Strategic Marketing Manager, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, London
- Creative Designer fishtank £30000 - £34000 per annum, Cambridge
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham