Birds Eye calls review of UK digital advertising account
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 September 2011 11:00AM
The frozen-food company has approached a number of agencies regarding the account, which is currently with Glue Isobar.
Glue was appointed in May last year to oversee digital advertising across the Birds Eye product range, which includes frozen fish fingers, vegetables and desserts.
In July last year, Glue was responsible for launching Birds Eye's "100 per cent challenge", a campaign that encouraged families to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
The online campaign was fronted by celebrities including Myleene Klass and featured a website on which the families involved shared their experiences.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO currently holds Birds Eye's advertising account. Its direct marketing business is with Proximity London, while Carat is responsible for media planning and buying.
Birds Eye is running a multi-million-pound ad campaign featuring its new brand character Clarence the Polar Bear, voiced by the US actor Willem Dafoe.
Last month, AMV rolled out a TV ad to raise awareness of a promotion in which customers could obtain a cuddly toy version of the mascot.
The spot showed Clarence opening a freezer, only to be confronted by a number of stuffed-toy versions of himself inside.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £34000 per annum + benefits, Chester
- Senior Conceptual Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Designer createselect Up to £35K pa, depending on experience., London (Central), London (Greater)