Birds Eye calls review of UK digital advertising account
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 September 2011 11:00AM
The frozen-food company has approached a number of agencies regarding the account, which is currently with Glue Isobar.
Glue was appointed in May last year to oversee digital advertising across the Birds Eye product range, which includes frozen fish fingers, vegetables and desserts.
In July last year, Glue was responsible for launching Birds Eye's "100 per cent challenge", a campaign that encouraged families to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
The online campaign was fronted by celebrities including Myleene Klass and featured a website on which the families involved shared their experiences.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO currently holds Birds Eye's advertising account. Its direct marketing business is with Proximity London, while Carat is responsible for media planning and buying.
Birds Eye is running a multi-million-pound ad campaign featuring its new brand character Clarence the Polar Bear, voiced by the US actor Willem Dafoe.
Last month, AMV rolled out a TV ad to raise awareness of a promotion in which customers could obtain a cuddly toy version of the mascot.
The spot showed Clarence opening a freezer, only to be confronted by a number of stuffed-toy versions of himself inside.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Retail Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, West Midlands
- Proofreader Major Players £180 - £181 per day, London
- PR Manager Major Players £30000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Campaign Managers - eCRM Gabriele Skelton £25000 - £40000 per annum, London