Condé Nast to open GQ and Vogue restaurants in Turkey and Ukraine
By Sophie Maden, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 22 September 2011 03:00PM
Vogue and GQ publisher Condé Nast has announced it will open branded restaurants in Kiev and Istanbul next year, as part of a plan to target high-end consumers worldwide.
The publisher established Condé Nast Restaurants, part of Condé Nast International, in August last year.
Now the Vogue Café, Kiev, and GQ Bar, Istanbul, are set to join Moscow's Vogue Café, GQ Bar and Tatler Club.
Stuart Nielsen, director of restaurants for Condé Nast International, said: "Turkey and the Ukraine are both exciting emerging markets with a strong appetite for luxury brands in retail and hospitality. Vogue Café and GQ Bar address this powerful consumer desire."
Condé Nast is working in partnership with the Otrada Luxury Group in the Ukraine, and the Dogus Group in Turkey, to launch the outlets.
Nielsen said more openings would be announced in the coming months, including in Asia, the Middle East and Latin America.
Condé Nast will also launch men's title GQ to a Turkish audience for the first time in March next year. The magazine, edited by Mirgun Cabas, will be published under a licensing agreement between Condé Nast and the Dogus Media Group.
Last week, Condé Nast announced it would open its own college in London offering Vogue-branded fashion courses.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show