Barclays appoints Maxus to handle £40m media account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 September 2011 11:30AM
Barclays has appointed WPP network Maxus to handle its estimated £40 million international media planning and buying account.
According to sources, Maxus has won a pitch against the incumbent, Walker Media, which pitched alongside Havas Media, and OMD.
Barclays, which approached media networks with a pitch brief in July, spends £31 million on UK media for its main brand and Barclaycard, according to Nielsen Media Research. It also operates in around 50 other countries and, during the pitch process, held meetings with agencies in various locations around the globe.
Walker Media, which is part of the M&C Saatchi Group, had worked on the account since 2006.
The review of the Barclay's media planning and buying business is understood to have been called by the chief executive of the Barclay's Group, Bob Diamond.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - FMCG Brand Recruitment £45000 per annum + excellent bonus and benefits, Northampton
- Research Manager - Cultural Insight Hasson Associates £38,000 - £42,000, Surrey
- PR & Social Media Executive - top agency in Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £23k, Manchester, Greater Manchester
Agency: Grey London