Barclays appoints Maxus to handle £40m media account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 September 2011 11:30AM
Barclays has appointed WPP network Maxus to handle its estimated £40 million international media planning and buying account.
According to sources, Maxus has won a pitch against the incumbent, Walker Media, which pitched alongside Havas Media, and OMD.
Barclays, which approached media networks with a pitch brief in July, spends £31 million on UK media for its main brand and Barclaycard, according to Nielsen Media Research. It also operates in around 50 other countries and, during the pitch process, held meetings with agencies in various locations around the globe.
Walker Media, which is part of the M&C Saatchi Group, had worked on the account since 2006.
The review of the Barclay's media planning and buying business is understood to have been called by the chief executive of the Barclay's Group, Bob Diamond.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Head of Biddable - £45-65K Oxygen Recruitment Solutions Ltd £45-65K pending experience plus fantastic benefits package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Production Manager - Charity - c£36k - London Digital Gurus £36000 - £41000 Per Annum benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Leisure Marketing Executive London & Partners £24-26K + PRP + BENEFITS , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Adam Recruitment £38000 - £45000 per annum, Greater Manchester