Guy Hayward resigns from JWT UK to join BETC
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 September 2011 08:00AM
Guy Hayward, the chief executive of JWT UK, is leaving the agency two years after taking the job.
Hayward is expected to join the Havas-owned BETC in a global business development position, but contracts have yet to be finalised.
BETC is keen to establish itself as a global micro-network after launching a London agency in May and is thought to be considering offices in the US, Brazil and Asia in the near future.
Hayward will not immediately be replaced at JWT. Joe Petyan and James Whitehead, the agency’s joint managing directors, will oversee the day-to-day running of the UK business as it considers its options.
Toby Hoare, the chief executive of JWT Europe, said: "It is disappointing that Guy has decided to go, but I respect his decision and wish him well. I will be moving swiftly for an ambitious solution to replace him."
Hayward joined JWT in October 2009 from 180 Amsterdam, the agency that he co-founded in 1998.
During his time there, he oversaw the merger of JWT and RMG Connect, and also launched JWT Entertainment, the agency’s first content production division, and JWT Experience, a technology business.
Hayward said: "I have loved every minute of JWT and I am really proud of what the agency has achieved in the last two years."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Insight analyst Smart Energy GB c £26,000 + generous pensions and benefits, King's Cross Station, London N1
- Sales Account Manager Chemistry Search and Selection Up to £30,000 with benefits and commission structure , London (Central), London (Greater)