Waitrose pushes first 'Food, Fashion and Home' store
Waitrose is rolling out a direct marketing campaign for its newly refurbished Canary Wharf store, its first branch to carry fashion.
The campaign for the Waitrose Food, Fashion and Home store, created by Kitcatt Nohr Digitas, is targeting time-pressured city workers who shop during the week and weekend visitors who want to escape the overcrowding of other shopping centres.
Creative will use a "you'll be surprised at what you'll find" strapline and features products combined in unexpected ways such as nail polish nestled among fruits of the forest.
Waitrose is positioning the store as a place to find a carefully picked selection of products and services suited to a young metropolitan consumer with an eye for quality.
The store has one floor dedicated to food, another to homewares and a third floor dedicated to fashion and beauty.
The addition of clothing, both John Lewis own-label and external fashion brands, is unique to the new concept Canary Wharf store, said Andy Street, the managing director of John Lewis, at last week's BrandMax event.
However, he said Waitrose and John Lewis would increasingly work together: "We will see much more collaboration between the two brands than before. By October, we will have 120 Waitrose outlets offering John Lewis products."
A direct mail pack carries the line "your new Waitrose Canary Wharf is now open" and will encourage recipients to try the store with a voucher for £5 off their shopping.
The campaign will also include in-store, outdoor and email activity.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge
- Account Manager - ATL Production - Central London - £30k Source £27000 - £30000 per annum + great prospects, London
- Senior Account Manager - Fundraising - West London - £36k Source £34000 - £36000 per annum + great bens, London
- Account Manager - Entertainment - Central London - £30k Source £28000 - £32000 per annum + great bens, London