Waitrose pushes first 'Food, Fashion and Home' store
Waitrose is rolling out a direct marketing campaign for its newly refurbished Canary Wharf store, its first branch to carry fashion.
The campaign for the Waitrose Food, Fashion and Home store, created by Kitcatt Nohr Digitas, is targeting time-pressured city workers who shop during the week and weekend visitors who want to escape the overcrowding of other shopping centres.
Creative will use a "you'll be surprised at what you'll find" strapline and features products combined in unexpected ways such as nail polish nestled among fruits of the forest.
Waitrose is positioning the store as a place to find a carefully picked selection of products and services suited to a young metropolitan consumer with an eye for quality.
The store has one floor dedicated to food, another to homewares and a third floor dedicated to fashion and beauty.
The addition of clothing, both John Lewis own-label and external fashion brands, is unique to the new concept Canary Wharf store, said Andy Street, the managing director of John Lewis, at last week's BrandMax event.
However, he said Waitrose and John Lewis would increasingly work together: "We will see much more collaboration between the two brands than before. By October, we will have 120 Waitrose outlets offering John Lewis products."
A direct mail pack carries the line "your new Waitrose Canary Wharf is now open" and will encourage recipients to try the store with a voucher for £5 off their shopping.
The campaign will also include in-store, outdoor and email activity.
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- John Lewis to mount 'buy British' push
- Waitrose unveils first loyalty card in strategic shift
- Waitrose takes on Tesco with biggest value campaign
- Waitrose hands Manning Gottlieb OMD social media business
- BrandMAX digest: 'B' is for business as well as for brands
- Tesco Finest range tops own-label preferences
- Top retail brands throw open Westfield Stratford City stores
- Waitrose rolls onto petrol forecourts
- Waitrose plots fashion launch to match rival supermarkets
- Designer / Creative Artworker David Thatcher Recruitment £25-30k, Wantage, South Oxfordshire
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director David Thatcher Recruitment 335-60k dep experience, Milton Keynes
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web