Unilever hands global Becel business to Lowe Worldwide
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 September 2011 11:00AM
Lowe Worldwide has picked up the global advertising account for the Unilever margarine brand Becel.
The agency was appointed to the business, which is estimated to be worth around £60 million in spend, following a pitch involving a number of Unilever roster shops.
DDB London was the incumbent on the account and had worked on the business since November 2009, after winning a pitch against the previous incumbent, Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
In the UK, Becel is known as Flora, the account for which is still handled by DDB London and is unaffected by Lowe's appointment to the global business.
Lowe will now be responsible for revamping Becel's positioning internationally by highlighting the claimed long-term health benefits that the product provides to those who consume it.
The account will be run out of the agency's London and Madrid offices, and particular emphasis will be placed on creating greater awareness of Becel in northern Europe and Latin and North America.
Unilever is one of Lowe Worldwide's biggest clients, with the agency overseeing work on brands including Magnum and Knorr.
In the UK, Flora recently launched a TV campaign to promote its Cuisine cooking oil. The ad, created by DDB London, starred the TV presenter Vernon Kay and his mother, Gladys.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - SPORTS BRAND - £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film