Unilever hands global Becel business to Lowe Worldwide
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 September 2011 11:00AM
Lowe Worldwide has picked up the global advertising account for the Unilever margarine brand Becel.
The agency was appointed to the business, which is estimated to be worth around £60 million in spend, following a pitch involving a number of Unilever roster shops.
DDB London was the incumbent on the account and had worked on the business since November 2009, after winning a pitch against the previous incumbent, Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
In the UK, Becel is known as Flora, the account for which is still handled by DDB London and is unaffected by Lowe's appointment to the global business.
Lowe will now be responsible for revamping Becel's positioning internationally by highlighting the claimed long-term health benefits that the product provides to those who consume it.
The account will be run out of the agency's London and Madrid offices, and particular emphasis will be placed on creating greater awareness of Becel in northern Europe and Latin and North America.
Unilever is one of Lowe Worldwide's biggest clients, with the agency overseeing work on brands including Magnum and Knorr.
In the UK, Flora recently launched a TV campaign to promote its Cuisine cooking oil. The ad, created by DDB London, starred the TV presenter Vernon Kay and his mother, Gladys.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Comms Manager - Leading Alcohol Brand at Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £35000 per annum + great benefits package, London
- Head of Design Network Career Consultants £50000 - £58000 per annum, Manchester
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned