BMB hires Jay Pond-Jones as creative director
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 September 2011 11:15AM
Beattie McGuinness Bungay has hired the TV producer Jay Pond-Jones as a creative director.
Pond-Jones will combine his BMB role with his ongoing position as the chief executive of the TV production company Colour TV.
He will be responsible for helping BMB clients reach audiences through channels such as advertiser-funded TV programmes.
Pond-Jones, whose early career was in advertising at agencies including GGT, Mother and HHCL & Partners, will be one of a line-up of creative directors from different craft disciplines at BMB.
He was the executive producer of Flipside TV, which aired on Channel 4 and Paramount Comedy. The show featured guests who provided live commentary on programmes they had selected to watch.
Pond-Jones started out in advertising at DMB&B. He then formed his own agency, but joined GGT in 1991 when his shop closed. He then joined Mother in 1997, leaving six months later to move to Bates Dorland. His next role was at HHCL as a creative director.
During his time in advertising, he co-created the "fcuk" campaign with Trevor Beattie while at TBWA. He also created the award-winning Holsten Pils ad "asshole", starring Dennis Leary, in 1996 while at GGT.
Beattie said: "Jay is a bit of a Renaissance man. He never stops having ideas."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show