Google rolls out premium analytics tool for agencies
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 30 September 2011 09:10AM
Google has launched a premium analytics service, aimed at larger enterprise and ad agencies, to rival IBM's CoreMetrics and Adobe's Omniture.
Google already offers a free analytics tool but has created Analytics Premium to provide advertisers and agencies with more advanced tools and dedicated support.
The additional service includes: increased data collection; more custom variables and unsampled reports; attribution modelling tools to test different models for assigning credit to conversions and greater service and support including on call account management.
Google said it has developed the tool in close coordination with some of its largest clients including Gucci, Travelocity and TransUnion.
Enrique Muñoz Torres, senior product manager at Google Analytics Premium, said: "We built Google Analytics on the principle of democratising data - giving all website owners, big and small, the ability to learn from their visitors.
"We learned from some of our largest customers that they have some specific needs that the current version of Google Analytics can't meet in their entirety."
The product is available for a fixed annual fee in the US, Canada and UK. Google did not disclose how much the tool would cost, but other enterprise-level analytics tools are understood to cost up to £10,000 a month.
According to Jim Brigden, chief executive of the digital agency I Spy Marketing, Analytics Premium will be priced lower than other high-end tools on the market and its integration with Google's Adwords and Dart for Advertisers will have added benefits for advertisers.
Earlier this week, Google announced its was supporting the Government's initiative for a 'Tech City' and is opening a new office near East London's Silicon Roundabout.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Partner Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, Brentford, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire