Mick Perry exits Channel 4
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 October 2011 12:22PM
Mick Perry, head of airtime sales at Channel 4, has stepped down from his role with the broadcaster less than 18 months after his arrival.
His departure follows the arrival of ITV’s former sales director Gary Digby last week to work on a consultancy basis assisting the Channel 4 trading team in the upcoming negotiation season, as revealed by Campaign.
Perry, a former vice-chairman of Universal McCann, was hired by the former sales director Andy Barnes in July last year. His departure comes one month after the arrival of Barnes’ replacement, Jonathan Allan.
Allan said that he would be looking to hire a full-time head of trading and was looking at both internal and external candidates.
Perry, a former vice-president of IPG's UM, was responsible for generating ad revenue across Channel 4's portfolio and charged with identifying the strategy for all ad sales negotiations.
He spent 22 years with Interpublic in several senior roles, including TV buying director at McCann Erickson and chairman of the buying outfit, Magna Global UK.
He began his career at STV in London, where he had roles in research and client sales, before moving to agency sales in 1980.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- eCom / Retail Marketing Manager (B2C) - Online Homewares Retailer Recruitment Revolution £45,000 + £5k bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Events Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director - Brand Coms ADLIB £33k - £38k , Bristol
- Digital Project Manager - Senior Premier Media Negotiable, London
- Channel Marketing Manager, London, up to £46k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £46000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, North London