Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam launches The Dam Armada
By Sophie Maden, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 October 2011 12:38PM
Independent global ad agency Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam has launched its first independent digital product agency, called The Dam Armada.
The business unit will sit within W+K Amsterdam and comprises creative developers and designers who will develop digital products.
The unit will create digital apps and installations for existing W+K clients, as well as new clients, and will develop independent products to be sold for Android and Apple platforms.
The unit was created by Jordi Martinez, W+K creative technology director, who will lead the Dam Armada team.
Martinez said: "It’s about proactively developing digital opportunities for brands, working beyond the scope of the briefs we’re given. We are crafters, so we create unique, tailor-made, interactive experiences."
Lee Newman, managing director of W+K Amsterdam, said: "As an independent agency, we have the latitude to experiment and we try to foster a spirit of entrepreneurialism. The Dam Armada is a perfect example of it.
"This really is a different model and requires a different mindset. Rather than answering client briefs, the Dam Armada has the freedom to dream up digital ideas and the skill to bring them to life."
In January, W+K Amsterdam boosted its creative team by appointing seven new creatives.
Follow Sophie Maden on Twitter @Sophie_Maden
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Society Marketing Manager - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'