Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam launches The Dam Armada
By Sophie Maden, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 October 2011 12:38PM
Independent global ad agency Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam has launched its first independent digital product agency, called The Dam Armada.
The business unit will sit within W+K Amsterdam and comprises creative developers and designers who will develop digital products.
The unit will create digital apps and installations for existing W+K clients, as well as new clients, and will develop independent products to be sold for Android and Apple platforms.
The unit was created by Jordi Martinez, W+K creative technology director, who will lead the Dam Armada team.
Martinez said: "It’s about proactively developing digital opportunities for brands, working beyond the scope of the briefs we’re given. We are crafters, so we create unique, tailor-made, interactive experiences."
Lee Newman, managing director of W+K Amsterdam, said: "As an independent agency, we have the latitude to experiment and we try to foster a spirit of entrepreneurialism. The Dam Armada is a perfect example of it.
"This really is a different model and requires a different mindset. Rather than answering client briefs, the Dam Armada has the freedom to dream up digital ideas and the skill to bring them to life."
In January, W+K Amsterdam boosted its creative team by appointing seven new creatives.
Follow Sophie Maden on Twitter @Sophie_Maden
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Innovation Director - Creative Direction & Design Management Bamboo Crowd £60k - £75k , London (Central)
- Sales Manager - Branded Content & programmatic solutions Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + commission & benefits, Manchester
- Web Analyst - London - £40k Salt Negotiable, City of London
- Middleweight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25,000 - £35,000, Birmingham
- Global Brand Manager Major Players £50000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad