Müller recruits cartoon characters for £20m campaign
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 October 2011 08:30AM
Müller Dairy is to roll out a £20m brand campaign featuring famous animated TV characters, including Yogi Bear, the Mr Men and 'Wacky Races' character Muttley.
The campaign is centred on the idea of ‘stirring a little bit of Wünder’ into life. The ads, by TBWA, carry the strap ‘Wünderful stuff’ and show a grey cityscape transformed into a world of ‘bright colours, rainbows and unicorns’.
The 90-second TV ad will debut during Saturday’s first 'X Factor' live show on ITV1. It will be supported by activity across video-on-demand, outdoor, online, print, cinema, social media and point-of-sale.
‘The aim of the campaign is to get consumers to sit up and take notice,’ said Lee Rolston, marketing director at Müller Dairy.
Meanwhile, Yeo Valley is to unveil a £2.5m campaign during The X Factor. Continuing last year’s ‘rapping farmers’ theme, it will launch a single by a boy band named The Churned.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Snr AM become £35k-£40k, Surrey
- Mid-Senior Level User Interface and User Experience Designer Salt £30000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Communications Executive EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £200 per day, City of London
- Brochure Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28-30k pro rata, London
- Junior Creative Team become £20k-£30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'