Müller recruits cartoon characters for £20m campaign
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 October 2011 08:30AM
Müller Dairy is to roll out a £20m brand campaign featuring famous animated TV characters, including Yogi Bear, the Mr Men and 'Wacky Races' character Muttley.
The campaign is centred on the idea of ‘stirring a little bit of Wünder’ into life. The ads, by TBWA, carry the strap ‘Wünderful stuff’ and show a grey cityscape transformed into a world of ‘bright colours, rainbows and unicorns’.
The 90-second TV ad will debut during Saturday’s first 'X Factor' live show on ITV1. It will be supported by activity across video-on-demand, outdoor, online, print, cinema, social media and point-of-sale.
‘The aim of the campaign is to get consumers to sit up and take notice,’ said Lee Rolston, marketing director at Müller Dairy.
Meanwhile, Yeo Valley is to unveil a £2.5m campaign during The X Factor. Continuing last year’s ‘rapping farmers’ theme, it will launch a single by a boy band named The Churned.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Digital Producer Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Strategy Director Adam Recruitment £70000 - £95000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Head of PR & Communications Barclay Meade £60000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits, City of London