Price comparison start-up hires Zurich marketer Corfield
By Sarah Shearman and Gemma Charles, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 October 2011 08:30AM
The owner of UK insurance broker Swinton has hired former Zurich marketer Peter Corfield as a senior marketing consultant for its yet-to-be-named price-comparison website.
The site, set to be launched by Swinton owner La Mutuelle Du Mans Assurances (MMA), is due to go live early next year backed by a £30m above-the-line campaign by ad agency Isobel.
Corfield joins from his position as chief marketing officer for the Middle East at Zurich Financial Group. He will report to chief executive Debra Williams, who had previously led Confused.com.
The venture has also hired Sarah Baldwin, ex-head of online marketing at Confused.com, as marketing manager.
MMA is understood to be in talks with digital agencies about the construction of the price comparison website.
The sector remains highly competitive, with the major players Moneysupermarket.com, Confused.com, Comparethemarket.com and Gocompare.com having a combined marketing spend of nearly £100m in 2010.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Events Director f1 Recruitment Up to £50,000, London
- Senior Research Exec Lipton Fleming £28000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Creative Director Shelter £40, 971.87 - £43,128.29 per annum, plus excellent benefits , London EC1