Price comparison start-up hires Zurich marketer Corfield
The owner of UK insurance broker Swinton has hired former Zurich marketer Peter Corfield as a senior marketing consultant for its yet-to-be-named price-comparison website.
The site, set to be launched by Swinton owner La Mutuelle Du Mans Assurances (MMA), is due to go live early next year backed by a £30m above-the-line campaign by ad agency Isobel.
Corfield joins from his position as chief marketing officer for the Middle East at Zurich Financial Group. He will report to chief executive Debra Williams, who had previously led Confused.com.
The venture has also hired Sarah Baldwin, ex-head of online marketing at Confused.com, as marketing manager.
MMA is understood to be in talks with digital agencies about the construction of the price comparison website.
The sector remains highly competitive, with the major players Moneysupermarket.com, Confused.com, Comparethemarket.com and Gocompare.com having a combined marketing spend of nearly £100m in 2010.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push