Price comparison start-up hires Zurich marketer Corfield
By Sarah Shearman and Gemma Charles, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 October 2011 08:30AM
The owner of UK insurance broker Swinton has hired former Zurich marketer Peter Corfield as a senior marketing consultant for its yet-to-be-named price-comparison website.
The site, set to be launched by Swinton owner La Mutuelle Du Mans Assurances (MMA), is due to go live early next year backed by a £30m above-the-line campaign by ad agency Isobel.
Corfield joins from his position as chief marketing officer for the Middle East at Zurich Financial Group. He will report to chief executive Debra Williams, who had previously led Confused.com.
The venture has also hired Sarah Baldwin, ex-head of online marketing at Confused.com, as marketing manager.
MMA is understood to be in talks with digital agencies about the construction of the price comparison website.
The sector remains highly competitive, with the major players Moneysupermarket.com, Confused.com, Comparethemarket.com and Gocompare.com having a combined marketing spend of nearly £100m in 2010.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - branding and integrated comms - up to £45k Central London Story Recruitment £40-45k, Central London
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure