MEC wins Electoral Commission media business
By Sophie Maden, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 06 October 2011 10:30AM
The Central Office of Information (COI) is set to award the Electoral Commission's media communications and planning business to MEC.
The COI issued a tender to its roster agencies in August this year, and seven agencies are understood to have been invited to pitch for the Electoral Commission account.
MEC was shortlisted last month alongside Arena Media and the incumbent, Experience Communications, before the final selection was made.
MEC will work with the Electoral Commission for three years on campaigns to promote upcoming elections and to inform the public about ways to vote.
Electoral Commission events that will be publicised during that period include the 2012 Scottish local elections, and the next UK General Election.
The media planning account is part of a £6m review, which includes the Electoral Commission's digital and creative business.
Media buying for the account continues to be handled by M4C, which is owned by WPP.
MEC, which is also owned by WPP, declined to comment on its appointment.
Follow @Sophie_Maden on Twitter
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of Resource Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Corporate Responsibility Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 - £75000 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch