We Are Social opens South American office
By Sophie Maden, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 07 October 2011 09:07AM
Social media agency We Are Social has announced it is set to open an office in São Paulo, Brazil, after landing its founding client in the country, Smirnoff Vodka.
The agency’s first project for the Diageo brand will help Smirnoff grow its online community through an interactive calendar, which encourages people to share pictures and find new nights out.
We Are Social also plans to drive the brand’s presence on Facebook and on blogs in the country.
The São Paulo office, comprising a team of six, will be headed by managing director Leslie Orsioli, the former strategic planning manager of AgênciaClick Isobar.
Orsioli said: "We Are Social is setting the global agenda when it comes to social media, and I’m confident that the team we’re building in São Paulo can add to We Are Social’s strategic and creative reputation, both at a local level and on the world stage."
Robin Grant, global managing director of We Are Social, said: "Brazil is not only one of the world’s largest and fastest growing markets, but also has a reputation for leading the world with digital creativity.
"With the explosion of social media usage in Brazil, we felt it was essential to have not only a presence, but to bring together a team that matches that of any of our other five offices, able to lead the market with a conversational approach."
We Are Social was founded in London by Robin Grant and Nathan McDonald three years ago.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR- PERMANENT & CONTRACT ROLES Royds Raphael £40K - £55K / £180-£250+DAY RATE, London
- Head Of Propositions Development Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., South East England
- STRATEGIC ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - CONTRACT & PERMANENT Royds Raphael Salary £60k-£70k - CONTRACT OR PERMANENT, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency Royds Raphael £30k-£37k + neg + great bens!, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile