Old Spice horse goes on UK university tour
Procter & Gamble's tongue-in-cheek macho hero ads for its Old Spice brand are to be taken on an experiential tour of the UK .
The Old Spice ads, starring the six-packed Isiah Mustafa, became an internet sensation in 2010 when they mocked the brand's macho image.
The ads, created by US agency Wieden & Kennedy Portland, used the strapline, "The man your man could smell like," and P&G has now decided to take the campaign on an experiential tour of selected UK cities and universities.
The tour features a white horse, which men can sit and pose on in an attempt to replicate Mustafa, and was created by Fox Kalomaski.
A liveried lorry and ice-cream van will be part of the activity, giving away kit sponsorship packages, according to the size of the crowds in each destination.
The tour will visit Kingston, Warwick, Nottingham, Derby and Northumbria universities, alongside city centre stops in Manchester and Sheffield, following a Facebook vote by Old Spice UK’s near-77,000 strong fan-base.
The tour launches today (7 October) and runs until 24 October.
During November, the tour will show support for "Movember" activity, which raises money for the Prostate Cancer Charity, and will be present at the Greenwich 10km run and Battersea 5km run.
Guy White, Old Spice brand manager, said "We are really excited to see the Man Tour going live, as the brand is going from strength to strength. Our fans will be able to emulate the Old Spice TV commercial by mounting the white horse and striking their best pose, as well as trying out Old Spice Whitewater and new Old Spice Kilimanjaro."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London