Sony UK hires Cake to add focus to social media offering
By Matthew Chapman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 11 October 2011 09:01AM
Sony UK is consolidating its social media efforts by appointing Cake, as it moves to emulate brands with more social media presence, including Coca-Cola, Nike and Adidas.
Cake will develop an overarching social engagement strategy for the brand online, as well as managing all Sony UK's social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
The agency was hired to the social media account after Sony UK decided its social media efforts were becoming too disparate, due to duties being split across its CRM agency Crayon, digital agency Dare and former PR agency Beige.
Matt Coombe, Sony UK general manager of marketing, said Cake had been hired to expand its Facebook presence of 157,000 fans and put ground between it and Samsung, which has 87,000 fans.
Coombe believed consumer electronic firms had some catching up to do when it came to replicating the success of brands such as Coca-Cola, which had quickly come to terms with the social media revolution.
The consumer electronics firm has also hired Cake to its PR and experiential activity accounts following competitive pitches.
Cake saw off competition from BBH Labs and We Are Social to win the social media account.
Follow @mattchapmanuk on Twitter
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood