Creature of London scoops festival prize with muscle film
Creature of London has picked up a Grand Prix at Diane Pernet's 4th A Shaded View of Fashion Film Festival in Paris for a short film.
ASVOFFF focuses on moving images in fashion and encourages both emerging and established artists to reconsider the way that fashion is presented and challenge conventional films.
The Shoreditch-based agency worked with Knock Knock Productions to create the three-minute short film, directed by Elisha Smith-Leverock from Stamp Productions.
The film, 'I Want Muscle' features Kizzy, a female body-builder from Yorkshire, pumping iron in a heavily stylised world.
The film’s director said the film plays with taboos and gender stereotypes and aims to explore a different kind of female beauty.
'I Want Muscle' premiered at Paris Fashion Week and will be screened at the Cannes Film Festival, V&A Museum and the Guggenheim.
Diane Pernet, founder and patron of ASVOFFF, said: "The sheer scale and variety of this year's films have astounded us. 'I Want Muscle' was the best representation of the festival."
Rob Hughes, cultural strategist at Creature of London, said: "Working with Elisha has been an absolute privilege – we're thrilled with the results. Receiving this accolade is obviously a massive honour.
The Seattle-based independent agency boosted its UK offering in February by hiring the Mother creatives Ben Middleton, Stuart Outhwaite and Ed Warren. Then, in June, the agency hired the Glue Isobar group account director, Dan Shute, as partner, and the WCRS&Co director of delivery, Danny Bush, as director of delivery.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Comms Planning Director Aspire £45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum, London
- Global Account Director Aspire £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, London
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration