Creature of London scoops festival prize with muscle film
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 October 2011 09:41AM
Creature of London has picked up a Grand Prix at Diane Pernet's 4th A Shaded View of Fashion Film Festival in Paris for a short film.
ASVOFFF focuses on moving images in fashion and encourages both emerging and established artists to reconsider the way that fashion is presented and challenge conventional films.
The Shoreditch-based agency worked with Knock Knock Productions to create the three-minute short film, directed by Elisha Smith-Leverock from Stamp Productions.
The film, 'I Want Muscle' features Kizzy, a female body-builder from Yorkshire, pumping iron in a heavily stylised world.
The film’s director said the film plays with taboos and gender stereotypes and aims to explore a different kind of female beauty.
'I Want Muscle' premiered at Paris Fashion Week and will be screened at the Cannes Film Festival, V&A Museum and the Guggenheim.
Diane Pernet, founder and patron of ASVOFFF, said: "The sheer scale and variety of this year's films have astounded us. 'I Want Muscle' was the best representation of the festival."
Rob Hughes, cultural strategist at Creature of London, said: "Working with Elisha has been an absolute privilege – we're thrilled with the results. Receiving this accolade is obviously a massive honour.
The Seattle-based independent agency boosted its UK offering in February by hiring the Mother creatives Ben Middleton, Stuart Outhwaite and Ed Warren. Then, in June, the agency hired the Glue Isobar group account director, Dan Shute, as partner, and the WCRS&Co director of delivery, Danny Bush, as director of delivery.
Follow Sara Kimberley on Twitter @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director- Ceative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager- Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £34k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £21k - £24k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director- Ceative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £40k - £45k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager- Creative Integrated Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated