Appointment to view: Behind the scenes of the Velvet 'tissue zoetrope' ad
By Georgina Brazier, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 13 October 2011 08:07AM
Toilet tissue brand Velvet has used its own product as a canvas in its new ad campaign. Here's a look behind the scenes that reveals how it was created.
The ad features 3,000 individually cut paper frames, made from real Velvet toilet tissue, combined with stop-frame animation.
Short-film and animation director, Geoffroy de Crecy, worked with a large team to cut out individual images, which were then layered up to create a scene.
A digital storyboard was first created and then transferred to the tissue paper by hand.
The ad shows toilet paper unravelling, with a tree theme throughout the animation to highlight the brand's promise to plant three trees for every one they use.
The ad was created by Fallon London and ran from 1 October. A digital media campaign will follow the week commencing 7 November.
Velvet 'Luxury for you' by Fallon London
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Social Media Manager - Fashion Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Managing Editor - Online Publisher - Parenting Ultimate Asset £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Director - Shopper/Integrated £65k+ Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Website Coordinator Pitch Consultants £20000 - £26000 per annum, Coventry
- Design Director Tomorrow Recruitment £55000 - £65000 per annum, East London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'