Appointment to view: Behind the scenes of the Velvet 'tissue zoetrope' ad
By Georgina Brazier, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 13 October 2011 08:07AM
Toilet tissue brand Velvet has used its own product as a canvas in its new ad campaign. Here's a look behind the scenes that reveals how it was created.
The ad features 3,000 individually cut paper frames, made from real Velvet toilet tissue, combined with stop-frame animation.
Short-film and animation director, Geoffroy de Crecy, worked with a large team to cut out individual images, which were then layered up to create a scene.
A digital storyboard was first created and then transferred to the tissue paper by hand.
The ad shows toilet paper unravelling, with a tree theme throughout the animation to highlight the brand's promise to plant three trees for every one they use.
The ad was created by Fallon London and ran from 1 October. A digital media campaign will follow the week commencing 7 November.
Velvet 'Luxury for you' by Fallon London
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood