Appointment to view: Behind the scenes of the Velvet 'tissue zoetrope' ad
By Georgina Brazier, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 13 October 2011 08:07AM
Toilet tissue brand Velvet has used its own product as a canvas in its new ad campaign. Here's a look behind the scenes that reveals how it was created.
The ad features 3,000 individually cut paper frames, made from real Velvet toilet tissue, combined with stop-frame animation.
Short-film and animation director, Geoffroy de Crecy, worked with a large team to cut out individual images, which were then layered up to create a scene.
A digital storyboard was first created and then transferred to the tissue paper by hand.
The ad shows toilet paper unravelling, with a tree theme throughout the animation to highlight the brand's promise to plant three trees for every one they use.
The ad was created by Fallon London and ran from 1 October. A digital media campaign will follow the week commencing 7 November.
Velvet 'Luxury for you' by Fallon London
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR Account Manager Major Players £28000 - £33000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Digital Analyst Aspire £25000.00 - £32000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, City of London