YouView rethinks its marketing structure
YouView, the video-on-demand service chaired by Lord Sugar, is reviewing the future of its marketing function.
The company, which is backed by BBC, BT, TalkTalk, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Arqiva, has been plagued by technical problems. As a result, its planned launch for this summer was put back to next year.
The roles of Tim Hunt, the former St Luke's partner who joined YouView from Freeview in March 2010, and his team, understood to number around 15 marketers, are believed to be under threat.
In March Lord Sugar became non-executive chairman of the venture, replacing Kip Meek.
A YouView spokeswoman refused to comment other than to say, "Following a review we have made some internal changes at YouView. These do not reflect a change to our business strategy and we remain on track to launch early next year."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- 2D Illustrator - Games - London - £28,000-£33,000 Red Sofa London £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Recruitment Consultant - marketing Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Creative Web Designer Forward Role Recruitment £35,000 - 45,000, Manchester - Cheshire
- ADVERTISING SALES DIRECTOR- DUBLIN 114,000 Euro package Base 85,000 Euros Mark Paine Recruitment £85,000 Euros base .+ car allowance + bonus OTE, Dublin
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Campaign Viral Chart: Huggies 3D-printed ultrascan makes top spot
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7