HTC kicks off £100m hunt for lead global agency
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 08:00AM
HTC, the handset manufacturer, is holding a review of its estimated £100 million global advertising business as it looks to increase marketing support for its products.
The winning agency will become HTC’s global creative and strategic lead across all markets, although the brand will retain its relationships with local agencies.
The Taiwanese company is understood to be holding meetings in Seattle with agencies including the US incumbent, Deutsch LA, and the pan-European incumbent, Mother.
HTC’s decision to appoint a global lead agency follows a recent review of its £35 million European ad account. Mother was appointed as the lead agency across the business in July. The agency replaced McCann London just five months after the Interpublic shop was hired.
The digital shop Profero and the integrated agency Momentum are also on HTC’s pan-European roster.
The handset manufacturer hired Deutsch LA as its first retained agency in the US following a review in 2009. The agency created the global advertising campaign "you" shortly after the appointment. Figtree continue to be the global brand agency for HTC.
HTC, which is aiming to steal market share from rivals such as Apple and Samsung, launched its first smartphones based on Microsoft’s new Mango mobile operating system this week.
The HTC Titan and Radar smartphones go on sale this month in Europe, the US and other markets.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Digital Project Director Twist Recruitment £55000.00 - £650000.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned