Ministry of Defence picks WCRS for £5m reserves recruitment
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 08:00AM
The Ministry of Defence has appointed WCRS to handle an advertising campaign, backed by an estimated spend of £5 million, aimed at boosting recruitment to the UK's reserve military forces.
WCRS won the business after a pitch against Publicis London, DLKW Lowe and Golley Slater. It will now create an integrated campaign to raise awareness of the part-time and voluntary positions available in the Territorial Army, RAF Reserves, Royal Naval Reserve and Royal Marines Reserve.
The appointment comes as the Government increases its support for the reserve forces, following the decision to axe 12,000 members of the Army and RAF by 2015.
WCRS already had a relationship with the Ministry of Defence as the incumbent on the Royal Marines advertising account. Publicis London and Golley Slater work on ?the Territorial Army, while DLKW Lowe handles the advertising for the RAF.
The Army is currently holding a separate pitch for its ?recruitment services. The review process, which has been ongoing for the past two years and includes aspects such as IT and training services, as well as advertising, is due to be concluded next month.
Two consortiums are left in the running for the contract: The Capita Group, which is pitching with JWT as its ad agency, and The Prospector Group, which is using Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show