Ministry of Defence picks WCRS for £5m reserves recruitment
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 08:00AM
The Ministry of Defence has appointed WCRS to handle an advertising campaign, backed by an estimated spend of £5 million, aimed at boosting recruitment to the UK's reserve military forces.
WCRS won the business after a pitch against Publicis London, DLKW Lowe and Golley Slater. It will now create an integrated campaign to raise awareness of the part-time and voluntary positions available in the Territorial Army, RAF Reserves, Royal Naval Reserve and Royal Marines Reserve.
The appointment comes as the Government increases its support for the reserve forces, following the decision to axe 12,000 members of the Army and RAF by 2015.
WCRS already had a relationship with the Ministry of Defence as the incumbent on the Royal Marines advertising account. Publicis London and Golley Slater work on ?the Territorial Army, while DLKW Lowe handles the advertising for the RAF.
The Army is currently holding a separate pitch for its ?recruitment services. The review process, which has been ongoing for the past two years and includes aspects such as IT and training services, as well as advertising, is due to be concluded next month.
Two consortiums are left in the running for the contract: The Capita Group, which is pitching with JWT as its ad agency, and The Prospector Group, which is using Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Market Research Analyst - Charity - Contract Hasson Associates £33000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Head of Insight | Full service integrated advertising agency Elizabeth Norman International £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - brand engagement & recruitment marketing Story Recruitment £38 - 45k dependent on experience, Central London