Moneysupermarket launches Groupon rival
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 08:30AM
MoneySupermarket, the largest UK comparison site, is entering the daily deals market, competing against the likes of Groupon and LivingSocial.
It has launched a new MoneySupermarket Local Deals section, offering discounts of up to 90% on a range of products and experiences in seven UK cities.
The service will send a weekly email to consumers, listing the deals. Deals at launch include luxury hotel stays, polo classes and hair and beauty treatments.
According to MoneySupermarket, one in five people make purchases through a daily or local deals service. It is planning on expanding the service to other UK cities in the coming months.
The daily deals market is overcrowded, and while Groupon and LivingSocial have so far stolen a march, it is an area that Google, BP and Airmiles have moved into recently.
Facebook, however, which began a trial of a Daily Deals service in the US, recently pulled its service after just four months.
Follow @shearmans on Twitter
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- A manifesto for media planning