Moneysupermarket launches Groupon rival
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 08:30AM
MoneySupermarket, the largest UK comparison site, is entering the daily deals market, competing against the likes of Groupon and LivingSocial.
It has launched a new MoneySupermarket Local Deals section, offering discounts of up to 90% on a range of products and experiences in seven UK cities.
The service will send a weekly email to consumers, listing the deals. Deals at launch include luxury hotel stays, polo classes and hair and beauty treatments.
According to MoneySupermarket, one in five people make purchases through a daily or local deals service. It is planning on expanding the service to other UK cities in the coming months.
The daily deals market is overcrowded, and while Groupon and LivingSocial have so far stolen a march, it is an area that Google, BP and Airmiles have moved into recently.
Facebook, however, which began a trial of a Daily Deals service in the US, recently pulled its service after just four months.
Follow @shearmans on Twitter
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner / Strategist - Blockbuster Campaigns! ADLIB competitive salary / day rate, Southampton
- Head of eCommerce - Fast Growing British Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary Package + Bonuses (Based on skills & experience), London (West), London (Greater)
- Creative Artworker:(Retail, Print, Digital, InDesign,Photoshop) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, London