Moneysupermarket launches Groupon rival
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 08:30AM
MoneySupermarket, the largest UK comparison site, is entering the daily deals market, competing against the likes of Groupon and LivingSocial.
It has launched a new MoneySupermarket Local Deals section, offering discounts of up to 90% on a range of products and experiences in seven UK cities.
The service will send a weekly email to consumers, listing the deals. Deals at launch include luxury hotel stays, polo classes and hair and beauty treatments.
According to MoneySupermarket, one in five people make purchases through a daily or local deals service. It is planning on expanding the service to other UK cities in the coming months.
The daily deals market is overcrowded, and while Groupon and LivingSocial have so far stolen a march, it is an area that Google, BP and Airmiles have moved into recently.
Facebook, however, which began a trial of a Daily Deals service in the US, recently pulled its service after just four months.
Follow @shearmans on Twitter
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Freelance Designer Source £150 - £250 per day, London
- Planner - Shopper / Integrated agency / Recent award winner - to £50k Fill Recruitment to £50k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - OOH/Major Event Sponsorship Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Junior Art Director air recruitment Up to £28k - dependent on experience + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- EXHIBITION DESIGNER - EXHIBITION DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media