Moneysupermarket launches Groupon rival
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 08:30AM
MoneySupermarket, the largest UK comparison site, is entering the daily deals market, competing against the likes of Groupon and LivingSocial.
It has launched a new MoneySupermarket Local Deals section, offering discounts of up to 90% on a range of products and experiences in seven UK cities.
The service will send a weekly email to consumers, listing the deals. Deals at launch include luxury hotel stays, polo classes and hair and beauty treatments.
According to MoneySupermarket, one in five people make purchases through a daily or local deals service. It is planning on expanding the service to other UK cities in the coming months.
The daily deals market is overcrowded, and while Groupon and LivingSocial have so far stolen a march, it is an area that Google, BP and Airmiles have moved into recently.
Facebook, however, which began a trial of a Daily Deals service in the US, recently pulled its service after just four months.
Follow @shearmans on Twitter
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- PLANNER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + Excellent, London
- Senior PR & Comms Officer Stopgap Ã‚£32000 - Ã‚£34700 per annum, Reading
- Senior Account Director - brand, digital and communications - £55-65k Story Recruitment £55-65k plus bonus dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - strategic brand consultancy - £24-28k Story Recruitment £24-28k plus bonus dep on exp, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Luxury Brands Story Recruitment £32-38k dependent on experience, Central London