Moneysupermarket launches Groupon rival
MoneySupermarket, the largest UK comparison site, is entering the daily deals market, competing against the likes of Groupon and LivingSocial.
It has launched a new MoneySupermarket Local Deals section, offering discounts of up to 90% on a range of products and experiences in seven UK cities.
The service will send a weekly email to consumers, listing the deals. Deals at launch include luxury hotel stays, polo classes and hair and beauty treatments.
According to MoneySupermarket, one in five people make purchases through a daily or local deals service. It is planning on expanding the service to other UK cities in the coming months.
The daily deals market is overcrowded, and while Groupon and LivingSocial have so far stolen a march, it is an area that Google, BP and Airmiles have moved into recently.
Facebook, however, which began a trial of a Daily Deals service in the US, recently pulled its service after just four months.
Follow @shearmans on Twitter
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Creative Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + pro rata, East London
- Campaign Manager - Poppy Lottery The Royal British Legion £30,000 plus £4,452 London weighting, Based at our offices near London Bridge
- Web Designer - Huge Public Facing Project ADLIB £20k-25k, Swindon
- UX Designer Creative Recruitment £300 - £350 per day, London
- Director of eCommerce - Kuwait - £150K+ (Tax Free) Salt £150000 - £175000 per annum + relocation + tax free, Kuwait City
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign