Planners Burdon and Boyd step up at DDB
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 11:30AM
DDB UK has promoted Drew Burdon and Dom Boyd, both senior planners at its Tribal DDB unit, to the roles of planning partners.
Burdon, the Tribal DDB head of strategy, and Boyd, its strategy director, will head the agency's planning department and report to Lucy Jameson, DDB's executive strategy director.
The appointments follow the departure of the DDB UK head of planning, Sarah Watson, who left the agency to join Bartle Bogle Hegarty in New York in May.
Burdon, who has been at DDB for three years, has been heavily involved in its Volkswagen campaigns, advising on customer experience and interaction. He was a key member of the team behind the groundbreaking VW Configurator iPhone app, launched in January.
Since joining DDB in June last year, Boyd has led planning on a range of accounts including Nestlé Purina and Terry's Chocolate Orange.
More recently, he has worked on expanding the scope of DDB's data function, DDB Matrix.
Jameson said: "I'm delighted to promote Dom and Drew. Putting them together to manage our diverse squad of planners was the obvious move. Together, they bring wonderfully different perspectives on how to crack brand problems of any flavour and reflect our ambition to become an innovation hothouse."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Account Executive Twist Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Creative Solutions Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Midweight Packaging Designer - Top Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London