Planners Burdon and Boyd step up at DDB
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 11:30AM
DDB UK has promoted Drew Burdon and Dom Boyd, both senior planners at its Tribal DDB unit, to the roles of planning partners.
Burdon, the Tribal DDB head of strategy, and Boyd, its strategy director, will head the agency's planning department and report to Lucy Jameson, DDB's executive strategy director.
The appointments follow the departure of the DDB UK head of planning, Sarah Watson, who left the agency to join Bartle Bogle Hegarty in New York in May.
Burdon, who has been at DDB for three years, has been heavily involved in its Volkswagen campaigns, advising on customer experience and interaction. He was a key member of the team behind the groundbreaking VW Configurator iPhone app, launched in January.
Since joining DDB in June last year, Boyd has led planning on a range of accounts including Nestlé Purina and Terry's Chocolate Orange.
More recently, he has worked on expanding the scope of DDB's data function, DDB Matrix.
Jameson said: "I'm delighted to promote Dom and Drew. Putting them together to manage our diverse squad of planners was the obvious move. Together, they bring wonderfully different perspectives on how to crack brand problems of any flavour and reflect our ambition to become an innovation hothouse."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Marketing - Industry Leading Company - Kent Ninesharp £75000 - £85000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, Folkestone
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Head of Marketing - Industry Leading Company - Kent Ninesharp £75000 - £85000 per annum + Car Allowance, Bonus + Benefits TBC, Folkestone
- Account Director - Events The Great & The Good Negotiable, London
- Digital Marketing Controller - Sky Store (12m contract) Sky Negotiable, London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity