Dare promotes Toby Horry to managing director
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 11:00AM
Dare has promoted its joint planning director Toby Horry to the newly created role of managing director.
His promotion coincides with the departure of Michael Pring, Dare's managing partner, who has resigned less than a year after the merger with MCBD.
Pring had been in discussions with Gregor Angus, the president of Dare's parent company, EDC, about a wider group role but decided to leave for "fresh challenges".
Pring said: "I've had a fantastic innings at MCBD and, more recently, Dare, but now is the right time to make a change."
Horry, who joined Dare as a board planner from Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO in 2006, was promoted to the role of joint planning director the following year and has been leading Dare's new-business efforts since the merger with MCBD.
In his new role, Horry will report to the chief executive, Lee Leggett; they will work closely with John Owen, the deputy chairman, on the day-to-day running of the agency. Helen Calcraft remains the agency's chairman.
Leggett said: "Toby's background and experience make him the ideal man for the job. He's a genuine all-rounder who I know will bring enormous energy to the role."
Pring joined MCBD from D'Arcy in 2001, was promoted to the agency's board in 2002, to new-business director in 2003 and to joint managing director in 2007.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Junior Digital Designer/Creative Artworker Apple&Ink £20-23k + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Marketing Manager, Technology, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Manager, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Negotiable, London