Virgin Media plays up 'British heritage' with new logo
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 11:55AM
Virgin Media has unveiled a new brand identity incorporating the Union Jack flag, as it seeks to match what it sees as a national mood of patriotism coming in 2012.
It has created a new logo with the blue, white and red flag, combined with the original red infinity symbol Virgin logo.
The logo, created by Start JudgeGill, will be unveiled in a new TV ad arriving this weekend, promoting the company's next-generation TV service TiVo.
Jeff Dodds, executive director of brand and marketing communications, said: "At Virgin Media, we're extremely proud of our British heritage and wanted to find a way to symbolically remind people about all the fantastic things about our nation.
"With Britain celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and hosting the Olympic Games next year, we believe there is no better time to show our pride and excitement about what it means to be British."
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood