Virgin Media plays up 'British heritage' with new logo
Virgin Media has unveiled a new brand identity incorporating the Union Jack flag, as it seeks to match what it sees as a national mood of patriotism coming in 2012.
It has created a new logo with the blue, white and red flag, combined with the original red infinity symbol Virgin logo.
The logo, created by Start JudgeGill, will be unveiled in a new TV ad arriving this weekend, promoting the company's next-generation TV service TiVo.
Jeff Dodds, executive director of brand and marketing communications, said: "At Virgin Media, we're extremely proud of our British heritage and wanted to find a way to symbolically remind people about all the fantastic things about our nation.
"With Britain celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and hosting the Olympic Games next year, we believe there is no better time to show our pride and excitement about what it means to be British."
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency