Virgin Media plays up 'British heritage' with new logo
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 11:55AM
Virgin Media has unveiled a new brand identity incorporating the Union Jack flag, as it seeks to match what it sees as a national mood of patriotism coming in 2012.
It has created a new logo with the blue, white and red flag, combined with the original red infinity symbol Virgin logo.
The logo, created by Start JudgeGill, will be unveiled in a new TV ad arriving this weekend, promoting the company's next-generation TV service TiVo.
Jeff Dodds, executive director of brand and marketing communications, said: "At Virgin Media, we're extremely proud of our British heritage and wanted to find a way to symbolically remind people about all the fantastic things about our nation.
"With Britain celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and hosting the Olympic Games next year, we believe there is no better time to show our pride and excitement about what it means to be British."
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Media Planning Business Director-FMCG clients Lipton Fleming £55000 per annum + benefits, London
- Data Planner Stopgap £190 per day, London
- Digital Product Owner EMR £90000 per annum, London
- Account Director DU Group £75,000 to £90,000 (flexibility for exceptional individuals), Bourne End, South Buckinghamshire