Virgin Media plays up 'British heritage' with new logo
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 13 October 2011 11:55AM
Virgin Media has unveiled a new brand identity incorporating the Union Jack flag, as it seeks to match what it sees as a national mood of patriotism coming in 2012.
It has created a new logo with the blue, white and red flag, combined with the original red infinity symbol Virgin logo.
The logo, created by Start JudgeGill, will be unveiled in a new TV ad arriving this weekend, promoting the company's next-generation TV service TiVo.
Jeff Dodds, executive director of brand and marketing communications, said: "At Virgin Media, we're extremely proud of our British heritage and wanted to find a way to symbolically remind people about all the fantastic things about our nation.
"With Britain celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and hosting the Olympic Games next year, we believe there is no better time to show our pride and excitement about what it means to be British."
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Category Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment Negotiable, High Wycombe
- Digital Marketing Executive/Manager Brand Recruitment salary dependent on experience + car + benefits , Newport Pagnell
- Head of Digital The Great & The Good £8000 - £100000 per annum, London
- PR MANAGER Totum Partners £50000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Research Manager Lipton Fleming £35000 - £46000 per annum + Benefits, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham