McDonald's goes back to basics with musical TV ad
McDonald's has launched a musical-themed TV ad that portrays its key menu items as "iconic favourites" in the UK.
The 30-second 'He's Happy' spot by Leo Burnett features a man walking through a UK town, singing the words to 'On the Street Where You Live', from the musical My Fair Lady.
As the man reaches the climax of the song, he bites into a Big Mac. The ad was designed to express the feeling of excitement that comes from taking a trip to McDonald's.
Graham Lakeland and Richard Robinson wrote the ad while Justin Tindall was creative director. The production company was Pulse Films and it was directed by Dylan Southern and Will Lovelace from ThirtyTwo. OMD UK handled the media planning and buying account.
Alistair Macrow, vice president, marketing at McDonald's UK, said: "This ad is the latest in our long-term brand campaign and shows how some of our key menu items have become iconic favourites in communities up and down the UK.
"It's back to basics yet upbeat feel perfectly demonstrates how customers have come to rely on McDonald's for food they enjoy and an experience they can trust."
Follow @SaraKimberley on Twitter
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SEO Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show