Pedigree launches 'virtual dog walk' charity drive
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 17 October 2011 08:51AM
Pedigree, the dog food manufacturer, is launching its first "virtual dog walk" as part of its biggest digital campaign to date.
The campaign, created by HyperNaked, which kicks off today (17 October), has been created in partnership with the Petplan Charitable Trust, to raise awareness for Pedigree's annual dog-adoption drive.
The week-long digital campaign encourages users to take virtual dog Ripley for a walk around the web. Every time a user interacts with Ripley, Pedigree will donate £1 to the adoption drive, until it reaches its £100,000 target.
Ripley can be picked up from the dedicated website, a virtual kennel embedded around the web, or through social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
The adoption drive aims to save the 20 stray or abandoned dogs that are put down every day in the UK, according to charity Dogs Trust.
Pedigree has also partnered with the National Parks and Bournemouth Beach to promote the campaign on their sites.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £30,000, Greater Manchester
- Communications Assistant AF Selection £16,000 - £20,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham