Pedigree launches 'virtual dog walk' charity drive
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 17 October 2011 08:51AM
Pedigree, the dog food manufacturer, is launching its first "virtual dog walk" as part of its biggest digital campaign to date.
The campaign, created by HyperNaked, which kicks off today (17 October), has been created in partnership with the Petplan Charitable Trust, to raise awareness for Pedigree's annual dog-adoption drive.
The week-long digital campaign encourages users to take virtual dog Ripley for a walk around the web. Every time a user interacts with Ripley, Pedigree will donate £1 to the adoption drive, until it reaches its £100,000 target.
Ripley can be picked up from the dedicated website, a virtual kennel embedded around the web, or through social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
The adoption drive aims to save the 20 stray or abandoned dogs that are put down every day in the UK, according to charity Dogs Trust.
Pedigree has also partnered with the National Parks and Bournemouth Beach to promote the campaign on their sites.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @shearmans
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Account Director and Senior Account Director air recruitment £45K-£55K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Stopgap £35000 per annum, South East England
- Account Director air recruitment Up to £50k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director air recruitment Up to £47.5k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consumer Marketing Director Ball & Hoolahan £100,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Singapore anti-gambling ad slammed on Twitter after picking a winner