Thomson targets gains with early £5m ad campaign
Thomson Holidays, the TUI UK & Ireland-owned brand, is to break from its traditional strategy of a post-Christmas ad campaign by running its biggest push to date this month.
The £5m drive, created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay, launches with a TV ad during this Saturday’s X Factor. The focus will be on Thomson’s offer of delivering ‘quality time’, coupled with a quality service to consumers.
The ad shows a boy talking about the importance of people sharing time together. He says: ‘Those close to you: share with them a week or two and they’ll cherish it forever.’ The execution ends with an orchestral arrangement of The Pixies’ song Where is my Mind?
The TV campaign is supported by cinema, outdoor, online and press activity, running until May next year. Direct marketing, CRM and digital activity will focus on the specific benefits, activities and facilities that the operator’s holidays offer.
Jeremy Ellis, marketing director for TUI UK & Ireland, said the Thomson campaign will still use the ‘Your holiday to a T’ strapline, because it ‘completely encapsulates, in a friendly and well-known expression, exactly what your holiday will be’.
Ellis added: ‘Time is such a fundamental part of our lives that if we, as a brand, can demonstrate that we offer genuine quality time on holiday, then that is a powerful place to be.’
He said the rationale behind launching the campaign this month is to ‘get people to listen to the brand message’ at a time when few other travel companies are advertising.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Group Account Director, Digital role, fashion and beauty brand, £80k MODA consult £80k + excellent benefits, Central London
- Head of Digital Marketing - Nottingham Trent University Stopgap £70000 - £79500 per annum + benefits, Nottingham
- Senior Research Executive - Boutique Research Agency NG Digital Marketing up to £35k, Central London
- Consumer Insight Manager - FMCG Company NG Digital Marketing £55 per annum + car, benefits, London
- Qualitative Research Manager - Boutique Agency NG Digital Marketing up to c £40k, Central London
- Chinese marketing company buys We Are Social
- ESI Media to handle London Live sales in-house
- DraftFCB acquires Inferno to run London
- Meerkats welcome baby in Christmas day Comparethemarket.com ad
- De Beers searches for digital agency
- VCCP's Thornton credits Bailes with O2's Campaign of the Year success