Sony shifts Christmas adspend to radio and online
Sony is moving investment from TV advertising into radio and online media in an overhaul of its UK Christmas marketing plans.
The brand is to focus its seasonal campaign on a radio ad voiced by Sherlock actor Benedict Cumberbatch, giving details of a £150 cash-back offer on Sony’s Smart TVs.
Last year, the company’s high-profile ‘Christmas Carol’ TV campaign, starring actor Sir Derek Jacobi, offered customers a refund equivalent to the VAT paid on selected products.
Separately, Sony’s UK operation will also eschew a global TV campaign featuring a poem written and read by Sony artist Leonard Cohen. The work, by Grey London, which launches in other markets this week, promotes Sony’s 3D technology.
According to Sony UK general manager of marketing Matt Coombe, the company plans to push its 3D offering through a partnership with Vue Cinemas.
‘Based on consumer research, we know that we need people to experience 3D first-hand, so decided to go with the Vue sponsorship instead of the global film,’ said Coombe.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show