Tesco lettuce ad challenged by Sainsbury's
Sainsbury's has picked a fight with rival Tesco over the alleged freshness of the latter's produce, disputing that it delivers all its Iceberg lettuce from farm to store within 24 hours.
Sainsbury’s has lodged a complaint with the ASA about a recent Tesco campaign promoting the freshness of the vegetable. The print and TV ads, created by The Red Brick Road, state: ‘Tesco British Iceberg. Goes from farm to store within 24 hours.’
Doubts have been cast on Tesco’s ability to stick to the time frame because, when big quantities are harvested, the process is delayed by bottlenecks in off-site refrigeration.
When contacted by Marketing Tesco was unable to provide a response, pending a final decision by the ASA.
The supermarkets are currently engaged in a price war, following the launches of Sainsbury’s ‘Brand Match’, Tesco’s ‘Big Price Drop’ and Asda’s ‘Price Guarantee’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Account Executive Major Players £22000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad