Bloom appoints Hannah Matthews as president
Bloom, the networking, mentoring and fundraising club for women in the communications industry, has appointed Karmarama's Hannah Matthews as president.
Matthews, group marketing director at Karmarama, will be joined by Jo Thompson, an account director at Drum, as vice-president. They will be tasked with recruiting new members to the group from within the communications industry over the course of the next year.
Bloom launched in May last year, and was founded by Kirsty Barnes, Starcom MediaVest Group associate director; Belinda Stacey, A&N Media retail marketing manager, and Katie Treggiden, Kindred client service director, with 18 other members.
It was endorsed by WACL, the group for senior women in the same industry.
Matthews and Thompson will take over from the three founding members Barnes, Stacey and Treggiden, who shared the presidency for its first year.
Bloom is a professional network for women working in advertising and communications, which aims to help women fulfil their potential within the industry.
The organisation runs quarterly events that offer members the opportunity to build relationships with each other and more senior members of the industry, through networking, mentoring and fundraising.
Bloom works in partnership with Eaves, the charity that provides supported housing to women who are victims of violence, abuse, sex trafficking and prostitution.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager (Mobile and Social) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- UX Manager Creative Recruitment £64000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Manager, Acquisition Marketing Creative Recruitment £55000 - £62000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Design & Production Assistant Creative Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB