Bloom appoints Hannah Matthews as president
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 October 2011 11:51AM
Bloom, the networking, mentoring and fundraising club for women in the communications industry, has appointed Karmarama's Hannah Matthews as president.
Matthews, group marketing director at Karmarama, will be joined by Jo Thompson, an account director at Drum, as vice-president. They will be tasked with recruiting new members to the group from within the communications industry over the course of the next year.
Bloom launched in May last year, and was founded by Kirsty Barnes, Starcom MediaVest Group associate director; Belinda Stacey, A&N Media retail marketing manager, and Katie Treggiden, Kindred client service director, with 18 other members.
It was endorsed by WACL, the group for senior women in the same industry.
Matthews and Thompson will take over from the three founding members Barnes, Stacey and Treggiden, who shared the presidency for its first year.
Bloom is a professional network for women working in advertising and communications, which aims to help women fulfil their potential within the industry.
The organisation runs quarterly events that offer members the opportunity to build relationships with each other and more senior members of the industry, through networking, mentoring and fundraising.
Bloom works in partnership with Eaves, the charity that provides supported housing to women who are victims of violence, abuse, sex trafficking and prostitution.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Nielsen Data & Sales Analyst Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£28K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Designer- super cool agency Dahling Ltd £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Senior Brand Managers - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£65K-£70K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £120 - £200 per day, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated