Bloom appoints Hannah Matthews as president
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 October 2011 11:51AM
Bloom, the networking, mentoring and fundraising club for women in the communications industry, has appointed Karmarama's Hannah Matthews as president.
Matthews, group marketing director at Karmarama, will be joined by Jo Thompson, an account director at Drum, as vice-president. They will be tasked with recruiting new members to the group from within the communications industry over the course of the next year.
Bloom launched in May last year, and was founded by Kirsty Barnes, Starcom MediaVest Group associate director; Belinda Stacey, A&N Media retail marketing manager, and Katie Treggiden, Kindred client service director, with 18 other members.
It was endorsed by WACL, the group for senior women in the same industry.
Matthews and Thompson will take over from the three founding members Barnes, Stacey and Treggiden, who shared the presidency for its first year.
Bloom is a professional network for women working in advertising and communications, which aims to help women fulfil their potential within the industry.
The organisation runs quarterly events that offer members the opportunity to build relationships with each other and more senior members of the industry, through networking, mentoring and fundraising.
Bloom works in partnership with Eaves, the charity that provides supported housing to women who are victims of violence, abuse, sex trafficking and prostitution.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch