Omnicom UK growth contributes to 17% profit boost
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 October 2011 04:10PM
Omnicom's third-quarter results show continuing upward momentum despite the darkening economic picture, as the company unveiled a strong rise in UK revenues and a 16.7% increase in worldwide net income to $203.7m (£130m).
UK revenues totalled $314.7m, up 16.2% year on year and up 10.6% on an organic basis (excluding currency fluctuations and acquisitions/disposals).
Worldwide revenues totalled $3.38bn, up 12.9% year on year and up 7.2% on an organic basis.
The network, which includes advertising agencies Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and DDB, and media agencies OMD and PHD, performed better abroad than in its US home, where top-line growth came in at 5.3%.
Advertising revenue increased 15.3% to $1.54bn, accounting for 45.4% of overall revenues.
New business wins during the third quarter included OMD landing Sara Lee's consolidated £125m global media account and TBWA\London claiming Electronic Arts' pan-European customer relationship marketing, digital and data account.
The strong results provide some cheer for the UK industry after last week’s Bellwether Report, which showed client confidence was down, although marketing spend had been revised upward.
In September, Sir Martin Sorrell, chief executive of the world's biggest marketing services company, WPP, claimed there was no sign yet that his clients had started to cut budgets.
WPP will update the stock market on its third-quarter performance on 28 October.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Loyalty Senior Product Manager Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £25000 - £38000 per annum + benefits depending on experience, St. Albans
- Web Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £33000 - £36000 per annum, Benefits: + Excellent Benefits , Greater Manchester
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control