Greggs to open service station outlets
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 19 October 2011 11:33AM
Greggs is to trial opening stores at motorway service locations across the country in a bid to drive up profits.
The high-street baker is running the 12-month trial with Moto, the motorway service provider. The initiative will be run as a franchise operation, which is new to Greggs.
The Greggs service station shop in Lymn, Cheshire, opens in December and will operate for a year before the company decides whether to roll out to a further 30 locations across the country.
Last month, Greggs announced plans to launch its first coffee shop, called Greggs Moment. The shop in Newcastle will sell a new range of bakery products, along with coffee and teas.
In September, Greggs commissioned its first digital ad campaign for a product launch.Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'