Greggs to open service station outlets
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 19 October 2011 11:33AM
Greggs is to trial opening stores at motorway service locations across the country in a bid to drive up profits.
The high-street baker is running the 12-month trial with Moto, the motorway service provider. The initiative will be run as a franchise operation, which is new to Greggs.
The Greggs service station shop in Lymn, Cheshire, opens in December and will operate for a year before the company decides whether to roll out to a further 30 locations across the country.
Last month, Greggs announced plans to launch its first coffee shop, called Greggs Moment. The shop in Newcastle will sell a new range of bakery products, along with coffee and teas.
In September, Greggs commissioned its first digital ad campaign for a product launch.Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Design Director - Consumer branding/packaging £50K+ Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Designer become £35k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager - display performance platform Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + +bonus, London
- Campaign Analyst Salt £250 - £350 per day, Bristol