Greggs to open service station outlets
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 19 October 2011 11:33AM
Greggs is to trial opening stores at motorway service locations across the country in a bid to drive up profits.
The high-street baker is running the 12-month trial with Moto, the motorway service provider. The initiative will be run as a franchise operation, which is new to Greggs.
The Greggs service station shop in Lymn, Cheshire, opens in December and will operate for a year before the company decides whether to roll out to a further 30 locations across the country.
Last month, Greggs announced plans to launch its first coffee shop, called Greggs Moment. The shop in Newcastle will sell a new range of bakery products, along with coffee and teas.
In September, Greggs commissioned its first digital ad campaign for a product launch.Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- COPYWRITER - GLOBAL COMPANY - NORTHAMPTON, UK - £25-26K Salt £25000 - £26000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £43000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Senior Analyst Direct Recruitment £42,000, Central London