Greggs to open service station outlets
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 19 October 2011 11:33AM
Greggs is to trial opening stores at motorway service locations across the country in a bid to drive up profits.
The high-street baker is running the 12-month trial with Moto, the motorway service provider. The initiative will be run as a franchise operation, which is new to Greggs.
The Greggs service station shop in Lymn, Cheshire, opens in December and will operate for a year before the company decides whether to roll out to a further 30 locations across the country.
Last month, Greggs announced plans to launch its first coffee shop, called Greggs Moment. The shop in Newcastle will sell a new range of bakery products, along with coffee and teas.
In September, Greggs commissioned its first digital ad campaign for a product launch.Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Business Development Director Major Players £65000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits , City of London
- SEO Strategy Director Aspire £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Data Analyst Stopgap £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Qual - Growing Boutique Agency Elizabeth Norman International £60000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits, London