Greggs to open service station outlets
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 19 October 2011 11:33AM
Greggs is to trial opening stores at motorway service locations across the country in a bid to drive up profits.
The high-street baker is running the 12-month trial with Moto, the motorway service provider. The initiative will be run as a franchise operation, which is new to Greggs.
The Greggs service station shop in Lymn, Cheshire, opens in December and will operate for a year before the company decides whether to roll out to a further 30 locations across the country.
Last month, Greggs announced plans to launch its first coffee shop, called Greggs Moment. The shop in Newcastle will sell a new range of bakery products, along with coffee and teas.
In September, Greggs commissioned its first digital ad campaign for a product launch.Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £47000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Marketing Executive Stopgap £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Juinor Account Manager - Digtial Media - Saas Ultimate Asset £24000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers