Big Brother to air Paranormal Activity 3 premiere
'Big Brother' will include coverage of the world premiere of the Paramount Pictures film 'Paranormal Activity 3' this evening (20 October), as part of a product-placement deal with Channel 5.
All last week, viewers were encouraged to enter a competition to attend a special event through Channel 5, its digital platforms and an advertorial in fellow Northern & Shell-owned newspaper, the Daily Star.
This week, the housemates have been set supernatural challenges and, as will be shown in tonight's show, the winning housemates got the chance to watch 'Paranormal Activity 3' in a custom-built Perspex box suspended above the audience.
Last night, members of the public who won tickets joined celebrities in the 500-strong audience as the film was screened in the ‘Big Brother' stage area just outside the ‘Big Brother’ house at Elstree Studios.
Following the premiere, the Northern & Sell magazine OK! will feature a full-page advertorial spread of the occasion, with gossip from the red carpet and coverage of the event.
After the release of the film tomorrow (21 October), a tailored creative made by Channel 5's in-house team and including footage from the premiere will be aired in commercial airtime around Big Brother.
The deal was brokered between Channel 5's commercial team and WPP media agency MEC.
Agostino Di Falco, partnerships director, Channel 5 said: "To get this partnership off the ground has involved a great collaboration between Paramount, MEC, Endemol, Channel 5 and N+S press titles.
"It's fresh and innovative, putting a bespoke integrated campaign in front of mass audiences."
The product placement for the film follows a similar placement in 'Celebrity Big Brother' in September, with Touchstone Pictures release 'Fright Night'.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- eCom / Retail Marketing Manager (B2C) - Online Homewares Retailer Recruitment Revolution £45,000 + £5k bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Events Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director - Brand Coms ADLIB £33k - £38k , Bristol
- Digital Project Manager - Senior Premier Media Negotiable, London
- Channel Marketing Manager, London, up to £46k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £46000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, North London