Oddbins returns to the high street
Oddbins, the failed off-licence chain that went into administration six months ago, is returning to the high street.
It is to return after collapsing with debts of £30m, and will include relaunched London branches in Chiswick, Kennington and Stoke Newington, as well as a number in Scotland and others across the rest of England.
Following a buyout of a segment of the chain's shops by European Food Brokers (EFB), the wine wholesaler, the relaunch of Oddbins will see 37 of its shops reopen, employing 200 staff, this week.
Oddbins is celebrating its return to the high street by inviting consumers to decide what they would pay for some of the wines it stocks, as adversited on their site, www.oddbins.com.
The chain is inviting people to visit a shop between 20 and 23 October to "taste some mystery wines" before deciding what the bottle is worth.
Oddbins said it will then sell the bottles at the price chosen by its customers.
In late April, EFB bought 37 of the Oddbins stores still open from the wine merchant’s administrator, Deloitte. At the time, EFB’s owner, Raj Chatha, was reported to have said that his focus was to "replenish the stores with an exciting range at competitive prices".
Before its closure, Oddbins had 89 stores in the UK and Ireland, employing 400 staff.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of New Business to £70,000. Film & Commercials agency. London EC1 Mark Paine Recruitment to £70,000, EC1
- Production Editor - £33,000. Premium publishing and brand agency. WC2 London Mark Paine Recruitment to £33,000 plus benefits/ healthcare & dental care., WC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years